Tianjin government scholarship: application process and further information
In order to promote the development of higher education of international students in Tianjin, to further improve the talent cultivation, scientific research, social service, and cultural exchange, Tianjin Government has set up the Scholarship (TGS) for international students.
The Tianjin Government Scholarship is a fully funded or partial scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, masters and PhD studies and provides the recipient up to CNY 2000/month.
This scholarship has a maximum value of 40,000 RMB per year (for PhD programs). For what concern the deadline of the application to the Tianjin Government Scholarship, usually the higher education institutions must submit all the application by the beginning of July. Both students who live abroad and students who are currently in China can apply.
Foreigner students must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35 with two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40 with two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions and provide relevant proofs, such as HSK certificate, other Chinese learning and examination certificates, etc. The restriction can be relaxed for the foreign students whose majors are taught in English.
- Applicants should not apply for other scholarship at the same time.
The requirements to apply for Tianjin Government Scholarship for internal students are:
• Applicants must be foreign self-funded undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD student who has normally enrolled in Tianjin. Applicants who have applied for leave of absence, retaining student status or extension of schooling last year will not be allowed.
• Applicants must perform well in school without truancy, other violations of school regulations in school or other violations of Chinese laws and regulations off school.
• Applicants must have the right learning attitude and study hard. Applicants’ academic record should be excellent in the previous year.
• Applicants have not obtained any other scholarships in the same year.
The most common application materials for the TianjinGovernment Scholarship are:
1. Online registration to the university.
2. Highest diploma.
3. Academic official transcript.
4. Personal Statement, including study or research plan, personal background, financial situation, personal strengths etc., written in Chinese or English (no less than 300 words).
5. One recommendation letter in Chinese or English.
6. HSK level 4 or above certification.
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese Quarantine Authority - only required for those whose period of studies in China lasts more than six months) filled out in English.
8. Photocopy of Passport.9. Copy of Application Fee Receipt.