CSC Scholarship Guide for International Students
Annually in China hundreds of students are enrolled in Chinese universities. Chinese government offers numerous scholarships for international students: China is one of the most generous countries in terms of providing scholarships to foreign students and there are currently over 50,000 international students in China. The most common and most coveted scholarship is the CSC one offered by the Chinese Scholarship Council.
Today, there are 274 Chinese universities affiliated with CSC which offer scholarships for international students every year.
The CSC Scholarship is available for undergraduate, masters and PhD students and it can cover accommodation, basic health insurance and there will be a monthly allowance up to 3000 yuan.
The purpose of this scholarship is to promote education, culture, exchanges in education and cooperation and mutual understanding between China and the other countries. All students, from all over the world, are welcome to apply.
To apply for the CSC Scholarship, students need to visit the official CSC portal and fill the application form. Later, they can apply for the chosen university and send all the required documents to the university with the CSC form.
These are some of the requirements that students need to apply for CSC Scholarship:
- Applicant must be a no-Chinese citizen
- Not be in possession of another scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
- Minimum age requirements:
- Undergraduate students must not be more than 25 years old,
- For master’s degree age limit is 35 years
- For Ph.D. degree, age limit is 40 years
- Minimum qualifications:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent for undergraduate students,
- Bachelor Degree for the masters degree
- Masters degree for the doctoral degree.
According to the type of CSC Scholarship you win, there are different benefits.
- Type A is fully funded scholarship. It covers registration fees, accommodation (in a university), basic medical insurance and a monthly allowance for personal expenses.
- Type B covers the same as the Type A scholarship, except for the monthly allowance for personal expenses.
- Type C is another type of partial scholarship with little benefits.
Obviously, type A CSC scholarship is the most attractive, therefore it is more competitive due to the high demand. If you can afford living expense, you should apply for the other two because it will be easier to obtain.
For what concern the total number of applications, there’s not restriction: you can apply for CSC Scholarship in many universities at the same time, just remember fill separate CSC Scholarship online application forms for each university. If you apply for Chinese Scholarship in more universities then your chances to win a Scholarship will be increased accordingly.